I’m going to get right to the point today. Our Safety First Saturday topic is geared towards them women. But if you are a man, I’m sure you know a woman who can benefit from this info.
Life can be so hectic at times that we forget simple steps that can potentially save our lives.
1. Unless you’ve taken self defense classes or have some formal training, you’re going to be in trouble if someone catches you off guard. Carry a keychain pepper spray on you at all times and have it out when you are walking through parking lots, parks, or any other place where you can be isolated.
2. A lot of newer cars have automatic lock features but usually don’t engage until the car is moving. When you get to your car, do what you have to do quickly and confidently. Then get in and immediately lock your doors.
3. If you are being stopped by the police, you have the right to drive to a safe, well lit and/or populated area. You may also call the police station and ask if there is a police officer in the area stopping your car. Don’t be afraid and know it’s ok to question authority.
4. Just like your car, keep your home doors and windows locked. Criminals are opportunists. And have some type of home alarm. You don’t have to spend hundreds on a system and monthly monitoring fees. Get a Door Stop Alarm, or even an AutoDialer which will call you if someone breaks in when you’re gone.
5. Finally, it’s about attitude. Have confidence and always be alert and aware. Walk with your head high, shoulders back and always scan your surroundings. Keep your purse closed and close to you at all times. Be in control of yourself and make sure people know you’re a force to be reckoned with.
Enjoy the rest of your day! Remember, Safety First.